The Local Offer
What is the Local Offer?
Local Offer publishes services available for children and young people (aged 0-25) with special educational needs and disabilities.
Northamptonshire and all other local authorities are required to publish this information by:
- Children and Families Act 2014
- Special Educational Needs and Disability Code of Practice 2014; 0-25 years
- Department for Education regulations (PDF 103KB)
Easy read guide to the Local Offer
You can download this easy read guide which explains what the Local Offer is and how you can use it:
What does the Local Offer do?
The Local Offer:
- improves choice and transparency for families
- helps professionals to understand the range of services and provision available locally
- improves joint commissioning arrangements for services by setting out in a single place what is available locally
We are working together with children and young people, parents and carers and with local services, including the voluntary and community sector, to develop our offer and keep it under review. The Shooting Stars group support the Local Offer with advice and guidance and proof read our easy read guides.
If you would like to be involved then please contact us by emailing LocalOffer@northamptonshire.gov.uk.
What does the Local Offer cover?
- special educational provision
- health provision
- social care provision
- other educational provision
- training provision
- arrangements for children and young people to travel to schools, colleges and early years education
- leisure and sports opportunities
- preparing for adulthood information
Annual report from Northamptonshire's Local Offer
- Local Offer annual report Sep 15 to Aug 16 (PDF 909 KB)
this report was presented to the Disabled Children and Young People's Delivery Group on Wednesday 21 September 2016.
- Local Offer annual report feedback (PDF 320KB)
- Local Offer annual report (PDF 743KB)
Help with using the Local Offer
If you need help using this site see our Help page. We also have a guide to getting the most out of using our search and advice on how to use the Browsealoud widget.
The Local Offer also produces a newsletter each term that is available for people who don't use the internet. It is called SNIX and can be sent out on request. Sign up by completing the Special Needs Index Data Collection Form.