How can I access the remote learning?
- All students have access to a POA log in and this gives them access to Microsoft 365 including ‘TEAMS’. All learning will be provided through this platform.
- At the beginning of the remote learning period you will be sent the login details for your child so they can log on.
- You will be sent guides in order to help you navigate the systems if they are new to you.
What will the remote learning look like?
- By 9am on the first day of remote learning (and every Monday afterwards) new learning will be uploaded to the class team.
- The learning will be a theme-based menu of activities for your child to choose from. There will be a range of activities covering the breadth of the curriculum and they will be quite open to ensure your child can be challenged at their level. We encourage them to challenge themselves and try to impress us and their classmates!
- Don’t worry, you won’t need any specialist equipment. Teachers will plan based on the local situation and will only ask for standard household items to be used.
How will they keep in touch with their teachers and friends?
- Teachers will hold key sessions every day to keep in touch via video chat. They will be able to see the students, and the students will be able to see them and their friends.
- There will be some whole phase video activities such as assemblies at 9.15 each day led by a different member of the Lower Phase staff team. There will also be a daily story time at 2.30pm led by the class teacher. Each Friday the teacher will hold a live session to allow students to showcase their learning from the week.
- Class teams may choose to have more live sessions to meet the needs of their classes. Information about these will be uploaded to the class teams chat and emailed.
- Teachers and the class team will also be keeping up with the class teams chat and be responding to any posts and keeping in touch themselves.
What if there is a problem?
- Contact the class teacher in the first instance either through Teams or email. They will do their best to help you or point you in the direction of someone who can!
- If you can’t get hold of the class teacher directly, phone the school and the message will be passed to the teacher to call you.
This is an example of how the Lower Phase timetable for remote learning will look.