Purple Oaks Academy has strict guidelines on dress and all primary and secondary students are expected to wear the full academy uniform. Wearing our distinctive uniform gives students a sense of ‘belonging’ and helps foster pride in the academy and stops students coming to school in inappropriate clothing or footwear.
- Sensible black shoes
- White polo shirt
- Grey trousers, skirt or pinafore dress (jeans and cords are not allowed)
- Purple sweatshirt or cardigan. (These can be purchased with the Purple Oaks Academy logo*)
- A warm coat (not denim) for travelling to and from Purple Oaks Academy
- A bag to carry books and equipment
A lightweight purple summer dress or grey shorts may be worn. All other uniform items, especially sensible black shoes, remain the same.
- Black shorts or skorts (These can be purchased with the Purple Oaks Academy logo)
- Purple sports polo shirt (These can be purchased with black panels and the academy logo)
- Suitable trainers or other PE footwear
- PE bag
As above but students may wear black trousers or a black skirt. Tracksuit bottoms instead of PE shorts/skorts may be worn.
Key Stage 4 (Year 9 and above) Uniform
As above but students can wear a black sweatshirt or cardigan (These are available to purchase with the Purple Oaks Academy logo.)
* These items are made from sweatshirt material to give a softer feel for students
Pre-loved Purple Oaks uniform can also be purchased from The Beehive, Harborough Road, Kingsthorpe, Northampton.
Post 16 Students
The Post 16 dress code plays an important role in contributing to the ethos of the wider academy, and in setting an appropriate tone for an in independent and mature approach to learning. This will allow students to express themselves as individuals, but in an appropriate way while complementing the main academy uniform policy and setting an example for the younger members of the academy community.
Whilst students are given considerable freedom in determining how they dress to attend Post 16, some items are prohibited and these can be found in the Academy Uniform Policy